The Safe, Healthy and Respectful Workplaces protocol includes indicators that concern occupational safety, health management and respectful behaviour at the facility-level.
These indicators have been designed to confirm whether facilities have established clear accountability for safety and health management and performance, that processes have been established to prevent the occurrence of all incidents, that all employees and contractors are engaged in the appropriate training to identify hazards, that performance is reported both internally and externally, and that facilities set targets for continuous improvement.
Protocol and Checklist
- Safe, Healthy and Respectful Workplaces – Australia 2023
- Safe, Healthy and Respectful Workplaces – Checklist – Australia
Useful references to support implementation of this protocol include:
- Respect@Work, MCA
- Leadership Matters: Elimination of Fatalities, ICMM 2009
- Critical Control Management: Good Practice Guide and Implementation Guide, ICMM 2015
- Health Monitoring, Safe Work Australia